4.25.2011

Rest: FIRE!

The rundown:
Thursday: Beers and chats with friends
Friday: Dinner with Mr. Wonderful, stroll around Phoenix. 
Saturday: 1) Farmer's market in the AM. 2) Beer and bikes festival in the afternoon. 3) Nap time. 4)Birthday Party 5) OVEN EXPLOSION

After coming home from a long day of fun, Mr. Wonderful and I wanted to make some cookies. So we turned on the oven for the first time to get things baking. But in just a matter of minutes black smoke was billowing out the top of the oven. So we turned it off, because we're smart like that. But the SMOKE GOT WORSE.  And it BILLOWED. And I coughed a lot. And my asthma growled inside my chest. And Calypso looked scared. And then we panicked. Mr. Wonderful said get something to break into the fire extinguisher with. And I said we need a hammer! WHERE IS MY HAMMER. Mr. Wonderful says, JUST GRAB ANYTHING. And so he uses a bike pump. And he grabs the fire extinguisher and we point it in the oven where there's big flames and an excessive amount of smoke. 

And then the fire goes out. 

And now there is a white, blanket of powder in every nook and cranny of my studio. Seriously, it's EVERYWHERE. On my keys. On pencils. On my TV.  On the floor. On the dishes. On the couch. On the dog. I drank some water... it was filled with powder. Gross. 

Sunday: Sweep, mop, mop again, dust, dust again. Sit. Cough. 

Welcome Home!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I'm glad everyone is okay.

    It's good to hear from you, girl. I was wondering how you were doing.

    ReplyDelete

I just love, love, love comments.