5.07.2011

Goodbye from the Blonde Bullet :(


I started this blog for two reasons: 1) I wanted to become a runner. 2) I wanted to become more comfortable with my voice as a writer, especially on the web.

I cant believe I'm going to say this but, mission accomplished! It's been a year and a half since I started this blog. When I started I couldn't even run a mile, my asthma was horrible and acting up daily, I was partying most nights out of the week, and I wasn't writing even though I love to write. I was unhealthy and stuck in a rut.

How things have changed. Now, I can run at least ten miles, I can run an 8 minute mile if I try really hard, I run 3-5 times a week, I ride my bike, I walk everywhere, my asthma rarely bugs me, I eat MUCH healthier and I take care of myself. I'm no longer the unhealthy, unproductive party animal. And even better, I've been writing stories, guest blogging, publishing here and there and working.  The point is that I have improved. I've changed. I've accomplished. 

But now I'm at another pivotal point in my life. Thinks are stable, and moving in the right direction but it's time for me to really focus on the accomplishments that I dream about. I no longer need to focus on becoming something, I now need to focus on doing more. Doing what? Publishing. Blogging. Taking pictures. Learning. Finding gigs. Racing more. Running more. Reading. Expressing my passions. Getting closer with my friends. And unfortunately, theBlondeBullet.blogspot isn't moving in the same direction. It's become dispassionate and stagnant to me.Not to mention, I don't feel like I can commit to the time or focus this blog needs to be good.

This community has taught me so much. You've all inspired me, taught me, made me laugh and motivated me to keep running. Without this blogging community, I honestly don't know if I would have continued running. You all taught me what to expect and how to stay motivated. And now, I can't even imagine my life without running! So thanks. And gosh darn-it, I'm keeping this profile and I WILL continue reading and commenting! 

Who knows, maybe I'll start the blog up again or maybe I'll start a completely different one soon (this is likely). But either way, I'll miss this community and I'll miss this blog!

7 comments:

  1. I am going to miss you on the blog world. I hope you continue to visit everyone else's blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second firefly's comment -- it's been fun reading about all your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've enjoyed your blog and wish you unparalleled success in your immediate future and beyond...

    Ciao...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've followed another blogger community in the world and I think you're right. the Blogging (and running) community gives us motivation! I'm so glad that running makes you feel good!
    Have nice runs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on all your accomplishments! We will miss you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you all the best, girl. ::huge hugs::

    If you decide to come back, we'll still be here.

    And visiting is always nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to drop by and let you know I was thinking about you, girl. And wondering how you are.

    ReplyDelete

I just love, love, love comments.