6.29.2010

Rest: Relaxing Pine Top style




Mr. Wonderful and I headed North this weekend and stayed at his parents’ cabin. It was so refreshing to get away from the heat. It was also refreshing to get away from technology.


You see, boyfriend and I are pretty much internet addicts (I won’t tell you who’s the farthest gone), and the rest of technology’s dealers are close behind: Cell phones, DVDs, Websites, blogging, social media, chatting, even GPS systems. We love it all. We do also read a ton of books.... but we're even saving up for a pair of Kindles.

I never had realized just how much time I spend on the Internet until my first trip to the cabin. We don’t have a Wi-Fi connection there and our phones barely have service. It usually takes me a couple days to adjust — I do a lot of pacing back and snacking. I typically start drinking around three just because I don’t know what else to do. But this restlessness eventually passes and then all my anxiety melts away. We read, write, discuss art, love and life and listen to old country records. We play with my dog and do puzzles. It really makes me wonder if people really are happier without the distractions of modern society. Is that too hippy for ya?

Well anyway, here I am back on the magical Internet. I can't help it, I just LOVE the internet.  Here are a few pictures from the weekend:




We did a puzzle. It was circular, 750 pieces and I'd say 65% green, so it was very difficult.




We played with Calypso.




Calypso peed. 


We played in the woods.


Stay tuned for my Pine Top running adventure! 

Toodles! 


2 comments:

  1. I dig the puzzle. I also get quite nervous when I cant check social media outlets. Once I am used to it, its heaven. Then when I come back to the internet/phone, I usually hate it for a few days. Viscous cycle.

    ReplyDelete

I just love, love, love comments.