Highlights of the day
1) Dread-locked man mystically playing his flute while riding his bicycle through 4th Avenue.
2) The college-esque bars in Tucson seem to be wonderfully lacking in the abundance of testosterone and date rape drugs found in similar Tempe bars.
3) Tucsonans are extremely friendly.
4) A delightful bar called The Shanty has a self-servicing popcorn machine.
5) Differentiating real cowboys from fake cowboys. The boyfriend is a pro detector of cowboy farces.
The road trip accomplished it's goal and boyfriend and I were equally enamored with the town and law school. We were not-so equally troubled (as in I was the only one troubled) by how small the place is, as well as by the over-saturation of Wild West culture. It was extremely charming, but the odds of me finding a good job there are slim. Still, I can't help but hope I do find a job in Tucson so that I can indulge in my inner hippie, grow an enormous garden, write stories all day and shop at the co-op. Seriously, it's an extremely unique and alluring town that would have a promising effect on my soul.
Needless to say, I didn't run (although we did do a ton of walking). It was an important day though so you cannot hold it against me.