4.25.2010

Run: Personal record alert... again. Too soon?





I don't mean to brag but, I'm pretty much on fire. Kidding. But, I ran 3 miles in 31:30 minutes. That's two personal records in one week, and I haven't even been training hard, like, at all.  So here's my thought process.  I have been running 3 miles every work out, but I barely ever increase my mileage, even though I have been getting faster without much effort. I want my goal marathon to be Arizona's Rock N Roll marathon which is January 16th, 2011. I should realistically start on a structured marathon training plan on September 1st, or even a little earlier. That means I have four full months to build a lot of mileage and endurance. So I am setting some new goals for myself.

By June 1st
New base mileage of 5 miles every work out
Long Runs: 10 miles or more
Join a freaking running club already
By July 1st
Add interval and track training into my workout
Lose 5 pounds (because it will make me faster) 
Run a 5k
By August 1st
Run a 10k
Run more 5ks
Run 3 miles in under 29 minutes
By September 1st
Sign up for Arizona's Rock N Roll Marathon
Start training

Okay make-believe readers, you better hold me to it!

Work Out Recap:
Run: I ran 4 out of 7 days this week. It would have been five, but I rolled my ankle on Friday, so I had to take a few days off. I ran three times with my Oregonian buddy which is awesome, but she is still working on her base and getting in shape, so my workouts were easier with a lot run/walk intervals.
Strength: abs, arms

Thoughts/emotions/concerns: This was my first week working 9-5, and it was pretty tiring. No excuses though, I've got to continue training hard. I also wish I had more time to ride my bike. sigh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I just love, love, love comments.